Specific Expertise at the SMART Network
1. Standardized evaluation systems (electrochemical, mechanical and biological) for implants Wearable and implantable electrical stimulation systems
2. Neural recording systems, EMG measurement, force plates, data acquisition, sensors and controller and data processing.
3. Exercise ergometry, exoskeletons for arms and legs
4. Programming and data analysis, electrode array fabrication and recording biological signals.
5. CNC machining (3D subtraction) with 2.5 micrometer feature size
6. 3D laser subtraction (with 1 micrometer feature size)
7. Designing and prototyping robotic systems - mechanical design, 3D printing, control systems and integration of sensors and actuators with data acquisition systems and controllers.
8. Robotic assessments of spine mechanics
9. Robotics; custom robotic systems and machine learning
10. Development of standardized outcome measures for functional assessments
11. Electronics design, microprocessor system design, PCB design, sensor design and fabrication, desktop and microcontroller programming.
12. Image processing, single processing, web development, app development, controller and sensor design/use.
13. Eye tracking and 3D motion tracking systems.
14. Head and neck biomechanical assessments
15. Trunk Biomechanics, spine kinematics, and kinetics, inertial sensors and signal processing, motion capture and gait analysis
16. Full-emersion virtual reality
17. Holographic projection, virtual anatomy and surgery systems
18. Solid modelling, prototyping, simple programming, documentation and communication
19. Reinforcement learning to the control of prosthetic devices, extensive experience in software development experience with electronics and robotics and ROS
21. LabVIEW, Surface EMG, Motion capture, Trunk biomechanics, system identification techniques, and office composting
22. Culturing and manipulation of microglia and support glia of the brain searching for peptide molecules that may be capable of attaching to and affecting the outcome of inflammatory cells in the central nervous system.
23. 2D and 3D cell cultures
24. Multiphoton imaging of live cells, confocal imaging, fluorescence imaging
25. Protein identification, tissue sectioning, histology and immunohistochemistry
26. Small and large animals models of health and disease, specialized animal surgery techniques
27. Specialized training paradigms in animals and humans
28. Full spectrum pre-clinical regulatory testing under GLP
Copyright © University of Alberta. All rights reserved.